This Greek orzo pasta salad is the most amazing cold pasta salad. It is also so easy to make! It’s a great side dish to bring to any party or event you have and it’s just as good as leftovers! There’s something about orzo pasta we just love! It’s not one we have as often, but we really enjoy it when we do. This just screams summer to us, with all the fresh veggies (possibly from your garden!) and the lemony vinaigrette dressing! For the feta, our favourite vegan ones are Violife and Nafsika’s Garden. There’s not a lot of prep work to this recipe. Once you’ve chopped up your veggies, there’s not a lot of work left!
If you don’t have orzo pasta, you absolutely can swap in whatever kind of pasta you’d like. Since we don’t always have orzo on hand, we still are constantly using this recipe. Instead we are just making it with other kinds of noodles. This is definitely a recipe we gravitate more towards during the spring/summer. A cold pasta sounds more tempting than a hot one sometimes! Especially if we are eating out on our deck. We hope you enjoy this Greek orzo pasta salad recipe and would love to see how you create it! Be sure to tag us on socials @plantbasedrelationship.
GREEK ORZO PASTA SALADCourse: LunchCuisine: GreekDifficulty: Easy
A full box of orzo pasta (Or about 2 cups)
1 beefsteak tomato (or a handful of cherry tomatoes)
¼ cup of black olives
½ large onion (or 1 small one)
½ cup olive oil
A handful of dairy-free feta (If you don’t have this- mozzarella shreds or a mozzarella block that you can shred works!)
⅓ cup red wine vinegar
1 lemon, juiced
1 tsp dijon mustard
2 garlic cloves, minced
½ tsp dried oregano
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp black pepper
- Boil orzo pasta el dente (7-8mins)
- Mix your dressing together – olive oil, red wine vinegar, mustard, lemon juice, oregano, garlic, salt and pepper
- Dice your vegetables into your desired size – you can choose the amount you would like in your pasta salad (we like a generous amount cut into small pieces)
- Drain orzo, running under cold water. Let it chill in the fridge for about 20 minutes
- Add in your dressing, stirring gently, followed by adding your veggies
- Top with crumbled dairy free feta. *If you don’t have feta, just chop up or grate whichever dairy free cheese you have at home!
- Serve and enjoy!