Orzo makes the most amazing cold pasta salad and it’s so easy to make! It’s a great side dish to bring to any party or event you have and it’s just as good as leftovers!
WHAT YOU NEED:
- A full box of orzo pasta
- 1 beefsteak tomato (or a handful of cherry tomatoes)
- ½ cucumber
- ¼ cup of black olives
- ½ large onion (or 1 small one)
- ½ cup olive oil
- Dairy-free feta (If you don’t have this- mozzarella shreds or a mozzarella block that you can shred works!)
- ⅓ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Boil orzo pasta el dente (7-8mins)
- Mix your dressing together – olive oil, red wine vinegar, mustard, lemon juice, oregano, garlic, salt and pepper
- Dice your vegetables into your desired size – you can choose the amount you would like in your pasta salad (we like a generous amount cut into small pieces)
- Drain orzo, running under cold water. Let it chill in the fridge for about 20 minutes
- Add in your dressing, stirring gently, followed by adding your veggies
- Top with crumbled dairy free feta. **If you don’t have feta, just chop up or grate whichever dairy free cheese you have at home!
- Serve and enjoy!