Who doesn’t love pesto and avocados? We had a bag of ripe avocados that were going to go bad if we didn’t use them up – so we thought why not mix the two and make a delicious pasta sauce! This sauce is so easy to make and super creamy! Pairs well with any type of pasta noodle, but we used gluten free penne.
- Vegan butter
- ½ small onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Dairy free pesto
- Cashew milk (or another dairy free milk)
- 2-3 ripe avocados
- Place two tablespoons of vegan butter in a hot frying pan
- Once melted, add chopped onion and garlic
- Add a spoonful of pesto sauce and one cup of cashew milk. Simmer until the sauce starts to thicken
- Once simmering, add mashed avocados
- Top with your choice of dairy free shreds (we used Daiya cutting board mozzarella) and enjoy over pasta!