These black bean brownies turned out even better than we expected! They are so chocolatey, decadent and yet filled with black beans! If you fed these to someone and didn’t tell them they were made from beans, they would never know. If you’re needing a treat with a little bit more healthiness to it, keep reading for the recipe!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- 1 can of black beans
- 3/4 cup of cocoa powder
- ¼ cup vegan butter
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup cashew milk
- 1 cup dairy free chocolate chips/chunks (we used both)
- Preheat your oven to 350. Prepare your baking pan, grease with baking oil spray.
- Drain, rinse and dry your black beans. (We used a paper-towel lined bowl for drying them)
- Put your beans, butter, coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract and non-dairy milk into a food processor (or a high-powered blender if you don’t have one)
- Once mixed together, make sure it’s smooth with no bean pieces left. Add your brown sugar and cocoa powder. Mix until well combined
- Fold in ¾ cup of chocolate chips. You’ll be using the remaining (¼ cup) to put on top. We used Enjoy Life chocolate chips for the inside and placed chocolate chunks on top. It turned out really good!
- Put in the oven for about 25-30 minutes, then take out and let cool for 15-20 minutes. If you find they’re still very soft and moist you can put them in the fridge for an hour or more to harden them up more! This is what we did because we wanted them to be firmer on the outside and still soft and chewy on the inside
- Enjoy! Let us know if you try them!