Since most of us are all stuck inside we’re with our partners all day, every day. It’s nice to have a real date night even just once a week, where you get out of your sweats, get ready so you feel a little normal and do something fun together.
We decided to have a pizza night so we actually could spend some quality time together! We’ll show you some pictures of our vegan and gluten free pizzas and what what we used, including our recipe for gluten free crust.
RECIPE FOR GLUTEN FREE DOUGH:
- 3 cups all purpose gluten free flour (make sure there’s xanthan gum in it, if not add 2 ¼ tsp)
- 1 tbsp instant yeast
- 1 ½ tsp sugar
- 1 ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 ⅛ warm water
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Using your stand mixer and paddle attachment, place your flour, yeast, sugar and salt. Mix together with a regular handheld whisk
- Add your water and olive oil then mix on medium speed. Once it’s started to come together, move to high speed until the dough is “whipped” looking
- Place your dough in an oiled bowl, covered tightly. Let rise for about an hour (or if you’re making this in advance, refrigerate and use within 3 days)
- Roll it out onto a flour-dusted surface. Knead it and separate it into two even sections so you have two pizza crusts!
- Roll out your dough, add your sauce and toppings as you like, then place in the oven at 425F until the crust starts to brown and everything is cooked. (Ours took about 25 minutes)
- Remove from oven, let it cool, cut into slices and enjoy!