Oatmeal chocolate chip cookies are both of our favourites (so these don’t last long in this house), so we decided to make some for a Saturday afternoon treat! These are vegan, gluten free and refined sugar free. They are super delicious and chewy! If you’d like to know how to make them, keep reading!
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
YOU WILL NEED:
- 1 cup gluten free rolled oats
- ¼ cup gluten free flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup melted vegan butter (We used Becel)
- A flax seed egg (we did 2 tbsp ground flax with 5 tbsp water)
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper (we use reusable ones and definitely recommend them!)
- In a large bowl, mix together all of your dry ingredients – Oats, flour, cinnamon, salt and baking powder.
- In a smaller bowl, mix together all of your wet ingredients – Coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract, vegan butter and your flax egg.
- Pour your wet mixture into your dry mixture and mix gently until well combined.
- Fold in your chocolate chips.
- Use a spoon or cookie scoop to place them on your parchment paper, spaced evenly apart. If you want them to be less thick, you can flatten with a fork.
- Bake or 12-15 minutes. We baked ours for 15.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes before using a spatula to move them onto a cooling rack. Let cool for another 40 minutes to firm up. Enjoy!