We were in the mood for a quick healthy lunch! This bowl is so delicious and will be ready in a flash. Loaded with protein and plenty of veggies it’s a great way to get that mid day boost you’ve been looking for!
YOU WILL NEED:
FOR THE BOWL:
- One pack of rice noodles (thick or thin)
- Half a block of extra firm tofu (pressed)
- 1/4 cup of edamame
- One ripe avocado (sliced)
- 1/4 cup of broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup of carrots (shredded)
- 1/4 cup of cucumber (sliced)
- 1 tbsp of sesame seeds to garnish
FOR THE SAUCE:
- 1/4 cup of peanut butter
- 1/2 cup of water
- 2 tbsp of soy sauce
- 2 tbsp of lime juice
- 2 tbsp of garlic (diced finely)
- 2 tbsp of rice vinegar
- Boil or steam your broccoli florets until tender, followed by your edamame.
- In a separate pot boil some water for your rice noodles, cook for a few minutes until tender.
- Strain rice noodles and transfer them into a bowl of cold water. Set aside.
- Cut your tofu into small cubes and air fry for around 7-8 minutes or until outside of cubes turns golden brown (If you don’t have an air-fryer, you can pan-fry!)
- Since none of your other ingredients require cooking you can begin to build your bowl.
- Start with a base of rice noodles. Be sure to strain excess water first!
- Top noodles with cubed tofu, edamame, broccoli florets, shaved carrot, sliced cucumber and sliced avocado.
- FOR YOUR SAUCE: In a separate bowl mix your peanut butter, water, soy sauce, garlic, lime juice and rice vinegar. Stir well until smooth
- Drizzle your peanut sauce overtop of your bowl. Top with sesame seeds and enjoy!