Lately we have been appreciating all the different foods of other cultures. With so many different amazing colours and flavours, it’s so fun to experiment and create delicious new dishes! This is a Mexican twist on a classic breakfast burrito. With tofu scramble, salsa, avocado and a mix of different spices these will give you the energy to tackle your day!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
YOU WILL NEED:
- 1 block of extra firm tofu
- 1 tbsp of vegan butter
- 1 tsp of turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp of ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp of paprika
- 1/4 tsp of garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp of black salt (or regular salt)
- 1/2 cup of chunky salsa
- 1/4 cup of vegan shredded cheddar
- 1 ripe avocado
- 6 tortilla wraps
- Heat a large frying pan on medium heat and add your vegan butter.
- Remove your tofu from package and dab with paper towel to remove any extra moisture.
- The fun part – crumble your tofu into small chunks into the pan with your hands.
- Add your turmeric, cumin, paprika, garlic powder and black salt into your tofu mixture.
- Lower heat and let that cook for roughly 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- While you wait set up your tortillas and top them with sliced avocado, a spoonful of salsa and a sprinkle of vegan cheddar.
- Once tofu is cooked remove from heat and spoon your scramble into your tortillas wraps.
- Wrap them up, serve and enjoy! P.S. a dollop of vegan sour cream would be amazing with these if you have it!