I think most of us would agree that spinach dip is up there with some of the best appetizers. After going vegan, we found great joy in recreating some of our all time favourite dishes! This dip is perfect for a potluck or gathering. With added protein to help fuel muscle growth and keep you feeling full and satisfied!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
Total time: 50 minutes
Serves: 4-5 people
- 1 bunch of fresh spinach (around 4-5 cups) chopped
- 1 pack of extra firm tofu
- 1 cup of cultured cashew cheese
- 1 cup of vegan mozzarella shreds
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1/4 tsp of pepper
- 2 cups of cashew milk
- 2 tbsp of all purpose flour
- 5 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 2 tbsp of vegan butter
- 1 cup of vegan breadcrumbs
- Heat a large frying pan on medium low heat and add your vegan butter.
- Stir in your all purpose flour and mix constantly to avoid burning
- Once butter is combined with flour add your minced garlic, crumbled tofu and chopped spinach. Sauté for 5 minutes or until spinach is soft.
- Pour in your cashew milk, salt and pepper and stir until mixture begins to thicken.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Crumble your cultured cashew cheese and vegan mozzarella shreds and stir until melted. Lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Transfer your dip into an oven safe baking dish and top with a sprinkle of vegan shredded cheese and breadcrumbs.
- Bake at 350 for roughly 30 minutes or until top turns golden brown and dip begins to bubble.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes. Serve with toasted pita chips or nachos of your choosing and enjoy!