When we think of summer, we think of the food that comes along with it. This potato salad makes the perfect side dish to any BBQ! The key to the creamy sauce is a base of garlic hummus. This recipe tastes amazing served warm or cold. We hope you enjoy it!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Serves: 3-4 people
YOU WILL NEED:
- 6 large russet potatoes (peeled)
- 1 tbsp of grape seed oil
- 1/2 a cup of hummus (homemade or store bought)
- 1 tbsp of mustard
- 1/2 tbsp of sriracha sauce or favourite hot sauce
- 1/2 tbsp of maple syrup
- 1 tbsp of vegan mayo
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1/4 tsp of pepper
- 3-4 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1 tbsp of capers (diced) – capers are optional but add a nice flavour to your Caesar dressing!
- 2 tbsp of fresh green onion (diced)
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil.
- While you wait for your water to boil, dice your potatoes into bite size cubes.
- Boil your potatoes for roughly 10 minutes or until they begin to become tender. It’s okay if they are still a bit firm.
- Heat a large frying pan on medium heat and add your grapeseed oil. Grapeseed oil is a great healthy alternative to olive oil!
- Strain your potatoes and pour them into your skillet. Let them fry for a good 5 minutes before stirring them, this helps get a nice crunch on the outside!
- In a bowl mix together your hummus, mustard, maple syrup, sriracha sauce, vegan mayo, minced garlic, diced capers (optional), salt and pepper.
- Pour your dressing directly into your pan overtop of your potatoes. Mix well.
- Plate your potatoes and top with a generous amount of diced green onions! Serve and enjoy.