I think by now you know our love for pasta is everlasting. We love finding new ways to change things up instead of having the same sauces over and over. This sauce was perfect! It still had a rich creamy base but with a zing of citrus in every bite. It’s a great pasta for the summer months because it wasn’t too heavy or overwhelming. We hope you enjoy it just as much as we did!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Serves: 3-4 people
YOU WILL NEED:
- 1 pack of eggless fettuccine noodles (any pasta works)
- 2 cups of cashew milk
- 1/4 cup of vegan cream cheese
- 2-3 tbsp of nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp of lemon zest
- 1 tbsp of lemon juice
- 2 tbsp of roughly chopped parsley
- 3 cloves of fresh garlic (minced)
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1/4 tsp of black pepper
- 2 tbsp of grape seed oil
- Fresh basil to garnish
- Heat a large frying pan on medium low heat and add your grape seed oil when hot.
- Add your minced garlic to the pan and stir constantly for a few seconds until garlic starts to brown
- Pour in your vegan cream cheese, lemon juice and cashew milk. Stir to combine.
- Next add your nutritional yeast, salt, pepper, chopped parsley and lemon zest to your sauce.
- Lower heat and let sauce simmer. While you wait prepare your pasta in a boiling pot of water.
- Once pasta is cooked strain and place back in your pot.
- Carefully pour most of your sauce into the pot and use tongs to mix your pasta. Save some sauce to top your plate with!
- Plate your pasta and top with remaining sauce. Sprinkle with fresh basil and a bit more lemon zest! Serve and enjoy.