We were craving some sort of Asian inspired noodle dish, so this is what we whipped together! It turned out so delicious. With flavours of fresh garlic, ginger, chili oil and turmeric it definitely satisfied our craving. The textured vegetable protein was the perfect meat alternative for this dish and tasted exactly like beef strips! I would recommend them to anyone debating on taking up veganism. We hope you enjoy!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Serves: 3-4 people
YOU WILL NEED:
- 4 small packs of vermicelli noodles
- Approximately 2 cups of textured vegetable protein cut into strips
- 1/2 tsp of ginger (grated)
- 2 tbsp of chili oil
- 3 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 3 cups of broccoli florets
- 1 onion (cut into strips)
- 1 tsp of turmeric
- 1/2 tsp of curry powder
- 1/4 tsp of paprika
- 1 tsp of sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1/4 tsp of black pepper
- Heat a large frying pan on medium heat and add your chili oil.
- Once pan is hot, throw in your chopped onion, broccoli florets and “beef” strips. Sauté for roughly 5 minutes or until vegetables begin to soften.
- add your minced garlic, shredded ginger, turmeric, curry powder, paprika, salt and pepper to the pan. Lower heat and stir to combine.
- Heat a pot of water for your vermicelli noodles. They don’t take long at all so keep an eye on them!
- Once noodles are soft, strain them and add them into your pan with your veggies and “beef”.
- Raise heat back up to medium or medium high for a few minutes after you add your sesame oil to the pan. This will give them a nice flavour and the oil will help them to not stick together!
- Remove from heat. Give them one last good stir before you plate them! Serve and enjoy