This recipe was inspired by one of our favourite vegan youtubers, Gaz Oakley. We tweaked the recipe a bit but they turned out amazing. The tofu worked perfect as the base for the koftas! They are packed with protein as well so this makes a great post gym dinner. We hope you enjoy!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
Serves: 2-3 people
YOU WILL NEED:
- 1 block of extra firm tofu
- 2 tbsp of grape seed or avocado oil
- 1 tbsp of green onion (finely chopped)
- 3 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1/2 tsp of sriracha sauce
- 1/2 tsp of fresh mint (finely chopped)
- 1/2 an onion (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp of ground cumin
- 1 tsp of smoked paprika
- 4 tbsp of all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp of mild salsa
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/2 tsp of pepper
- 1 cup of vegan yogurt (unsweetened)
- 1/4 of a cucumber (diced finely)
- 1/2 tsp of paprika
- Juice from 1/2 of a lemon
- 1/4 tsp of garlic powder
- Heat a large frying pan on medium heat and add your avocado oil.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl crumble your tofu into small bits with your hands and add all other ingredients listed under the koftas list (besides your cooking oil)
- Use your hands to combine all ingredients until it begins to feel mouldable.
- Shape your koftas with your hands and place them into your hot pan.
- Fry each side for 2-3 minutes or until they begin to brown.
- Remove from pan and place on a baking tray. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
- While you wait, you can make your dip! Add all ingredients for your tzatziki into a mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Remove koftas from oven and serve on a warm pita with a spoonful of garlic hummus, fresh veggies of your choice and a drizzle of your vegan tzatziki!
- For less carbs serve with a nice crisp Greek salad or salad of your choosing. Serve and enjoy!