We love making recipes that are delicious, healthy and packed with all the goodness a vegan diet has to offer. Recipes like this would make someone consider a vegan diet, even the most stubborn meat eaters! Using baby king oyster mushrooms, the texture is so close to real scallops we almost forgot we were eating mushrooms. We hope this recipe leaves you feeling as satisfied as it left us!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Serves: 2 people
YOU WILL NEED:
- 2 packs of whole baby king oyster mushrooms (around 12-15 mushrooms in total)
- 1 tbsp of vegan butter
- 1 tbsp of avocado oil
- 1/2 tsp of fresh oregano (diced)
- 1/2 tsp of fresh thyme (diced)
- 1/2 tsp of fresh basil (diced)
- 3-4 cloves of fresh garlic (minced)
- A generous pinch of salt
- A generous pinch of black pepper
- A small sprinkle of lemon juice
- Heat a large frying pan on medium low heat and add your vegan butter.
- Wash your oyster mushrooms and carefully slice into 3/4 inch disks that resemble scallops.
- Place mushrooms in a bowl to the side.
- Dice your garlic into small pieces and add to your mushroom bowl.
- Roughly chop all of your fresh herbs together. If you don’t have fresh herbs at your disposal you can use dried herbs instead! Fresh herbs always offer a better flavour and aroma but dried herbs get the job done as well.
- Add herbs to your mushroom bowl and drizzle with your avocado oil, this will help all the flavours to combine and coat your mushroom scallops!
- Add your mushrooms to your frying pan and let them sit for roughly 10 minutes each side or until a golden brown colour is achieved. Turn down heat if needed.
- Remove from heat, plate and serve. Don’t waste any of that delicious garlic and herb sauce! We hope you enjoy.