Who doesn’t love a good wrap? This is such a quick easy meal that doesn’t hold back on flavour. We didn’t have breadcrumbs but we did have some whole roasted almonds! Blend them with a little flour and some spices and boom! You have yourself a delicious, healthy breading alternative that is more carb friendly and delivers a satisfying crunch.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
Serves: 3-4 people
YOU WILL NEED:
- 1 block of extra firm tofu (pressed)
- 100g of whole roasted almonds (raw works as well)
- 1 cup of cashew or almond milk
- 1/4 cup of all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp of garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp of paprika
- 1/4 tsp of onion powder
- A generous pinch of salt
- A generous pinch of black pepper
- 1 tbsp of grape seed oil
- 4 tortilla wraps (we used sprouted spinach wraps)
- 1/4 cup of garlic hummus
- 1 cup of broccoli slaw or regular slaw mix
- 1/4 cup of vegan mayo
- 1 tbsp of maple syrup
- 1/4 tbsp of sriracha sauce
- A handful of spinach to add some green to your wraps (lettuce also works)
- Add your whole almonds, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, pepper and half of your flour to a blender or food processor and pulse until a breading consistency is reached.
- Add your grape seed oil to your air fryer and set to 375. If you don’t have an air fryer you can also pan fry or bake in the oven at 400 for 20 minutes!
- Add cashew milk to a mixing bowl and whisk in remaining flour until it thickens. This will help hold your breading to the tofu!
- Cut tofu into desired pieces and pat off any extra moisture.
- Dip tofu into cashew milk batter followed by your almond crumbs. Place battered tofu pieces in air fryer and cook for roughly 10-15 minutes or until golden brown and crispy!
- Set out your tortillas and spread with hummus and lay down leaves of spinach.
- In a bowl mix together your broccoli slaw, vegan mayo, maple syrup and sriracha sauce. I find it easier to hand toss this but fair warning… it gets a bit messy.
- Lay almond crusted tofu on top of your wraps and finish with a good amount of your sweet and spicy slaw! Wrap them up and enjoy.