There’s something about pan frying pasta that takes it to the next level. We love a lot of texture to our pasta dishes, there’s nothing worse than a bland, mushy pasta. This dish is loaded with fresh mushrooms, spinach and a garlic cashew cream sauce that is sure to impress. We hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
Serves: 3-4 people
YOU WILL NEED:
- 1 large bag of farfalle pasta noodles
- 1 1/2 cups of raw cashews
- 2 cups of water
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 onion (diced)
- 3-4 cups of sliced white mushrooms
- 4 handfuls of raw baby spinach (it cooks down to a lot less)
- 1/2 tsp of paprika
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1/4 tsp of pepper
- 2 tbsp of chili oil or grape seed oil for less spice
- A sprinkle of fresh basil to garnish
- Heat a large skillet on medium low heat and add half of your chili oil.
- Once oil is hot throw in your diced onion and mushrooms. Cook until onions start to brown.
- Next add your minced garlic, paprika, salt, pepper and spinach. You may need to add your spinach in one handful at a time and wait until it cooks down to add more.
- in a blender combine your raw cashews and your water. Blend until smooth.
- Pour your cashew sauce into the pan and lower heat.
- Boil a large pot of water for your farfalle noodles. Cook until soft.
- Heat up a separate pan and add your remaining oil. Once oil is hot carefully pour your strained noodles into the pan. sauté until noodles become slightly crispy.
- Plate your noodles in a large bowl and top with a generous helping of your sauce.
- Sprinkle with fresh basil before serving! Enjoy.