These were the perfect summer meal! The texture of the mushrooms perfectly mimics lobster. We love recreating dishes that showcase how easy it is to have a vegan diet and still enjoy delicious, jaw dropping meals!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
Serves: 2 people
- 2 packs of baby king oyster mushrooms
- 1 tbsp of capers
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of black pepper
- 1 tbsp of vegan butter
- 2 tbsp of vegan mayo
- 1 tsp of sriracha sauce
- 1 tsp of maple syrup
- 1 tsp of fresh dill
- 1 tsp of chives
- 4 sausage buns
- Lettuce to garnish
- Place a large skillet on medium low heat and add 1/2 tbsp of vegan butter.
- Once butter is melted pull apart your mushrooms into bitesized pieces that resemble chunks of lobster and add to pan. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
- Sauté mushrooms for roughly 10 minutes then transfer to a bowl.
- Lower heat, begin to use the other half of your butter to butter the insides of your sausage buns and place face down in the pan.
- While your buns toast, dice your capers into small pieces removing any extra brine.
- Chop up your chives and fresh dill and add to bowl along with diced capers, vegan mayo, sriracha and maple syrup.
- Remove your buns once they are golden brown and place on a plate with the face open.
- Mix all ingredients together in your bowl and spoon mixture into your buns.
- Top with chopped lettuce and a sprinkle of more chives. Serve and enjoy!