Pesto has to be one of the best sauces out there. You can add it to pastas, sandwiches, pizzas and more! We made ours with fresh basil from our garden and the flavour was so delicious! We hope you find it as yummy as we did.
- 2 cups of fresh basil
- 2 tbsp of pine nuts
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp of nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp of chili oil
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1/4 tsp of pepper
- 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp of crumbled cashew cheese
- 1/4 cup of water
- The juice of half a lemon
- Heat a small frying pan on low heat and add your pine nuts and diced garlic to toast for a few minutes. I find this really helps to add a nice depth of flavour!
- In a food processor (or blender) add all of your ingredients including your toasted pine nuts and diced garlic.
- Pulse until almost smooth. We like a little texture to our pesto!
- If the consistency isn’t to your liking you can add a little more water or more basil to thicken! the great thing about making pesto is you can play around with the recipe.
- Serve on top of pasta, salads or pizza! Enjoy.