This is such a fast healthy dinner that doesn’t lack on flavour! We were thinking about a different marinade we could try for the tofu besides your regular average bbq sauce. We whipped up a simple garlic tahini base and it worked so well with the tofu and veggies! It’s not difficult to have healthy meals that are also packed with delicious flavours. We hope you enjoy!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Serves: 4 large skewers
- 1 block of extra firm tofu
- 2 green peppers
- 1 large onion
- 1 pack of white mushrooms
- 3 cloves of fresh garlic
- 2 tbsp of tahini paste
- 1 tbsp of avocado oil
- 1/4 tsp of sriracha sauce
- 1/4 tsp of vegan soy sauce
- A generous pinch of salt
- A generous pinch of black pepper
- Set your grill to medium heat and shut lid to preheat.
- Pat your tofu dry with paper towel or a clean reusable cloth and dice into cubes.
- Place tofu cubes in a large mixing bowl and add your tahini paste, avocado oil, sriracha sauce and soy sauce.
- Dice your fresh garlic into small pieces and add them to your tofu bowl. Toss gently to coat and set aside for 5-10 minutes. You can marinade longer for more flavour but the tahini holds up to grilling very well! We let it sit for about 5 minutes and the flavour was delicious.
- While you wait, chop up your green peppers, onion and mushrooms.
- Build your skewers alternating between all of your ingredients! Save your left over marinade in your mixing bowl.
- Transfer skewers to your grill and lightly press them down to flatten slightly.
- With a brush or a spoon pour your left over marinade overtop of your skewers.
- Cook for roughly 8 minutes each side with the lid closed (check on them every few minutes! BBQ’s are unpredictable sometimes)
- Once tofu is browned slightly remove from grill, serve and enjoy!