We were looking for some Mexican dishes that we could veganize! We came across the idea of making enchiladas! These turned out perfect, they’re filled with lots of goodies and baked in a spicy cream sauce. We love foods from different cultures and find it so satisfying to be able to recreate these classic dishes!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Serves: 4 people
- 1 pack of tofurkey veggie roast chick’n
- 1/2 a can of black beans (strained)
- 1 small can of corn
- 3/4 of a cup of salsa
- 1/2 tsp of cumin
- A pinch of oregano
- 6 large tortillas
- 2 cups of cashew milk
- 2 tbsp of vegan butter
- 1 tsp of sriracha sauce
- 1/2 tsp of garlic powder
- A small handful of vegan cheese shreds
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of pepper
- 3/4 of a cup of emborg cheddar shreds
- 2 diced green onions
- Heat a large frying pan and add just a touch of oil.
- Once pan is hot add your black beans, corn and veggie chick’n.
- Cook for a few minutes before adding your salsa, cumin and oregano.
- Lower heat and proceed to heat up a separate pan for your cream sauce.
- Add butter to separate pan and sprinkle in your garlic powder.
- Once butter is simmering slowly combine your cashew milk, shredded cheese and sriracha sauce. Stir to combine. Lower heat and simmer.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and prepare 2 large baking dishes. Spoon a little bit of your sauce in the bottom of each dish. This will help prevent sticking!
- Lay out your tortillas and place a line of your chicken black bean filling down the middle. Roll up and place in your baking dishes.
- spoon remaining sauce overtop of your enchiladas. Finally, sprinkle your cheddar shreds overtop of the enchiladas and bake at 400 for roughly 25-30 minutes.
- Remove and let cool for 5-10 minutes. Top with fresh chopped green onions and serve! Enjoy.