This sandwich was a big win. Breaded Nebrodini Bianco mushrooms topped with a creamy cashew tomato rosé sauce, dill havarti cashew cheese, roasted red peppers and fresh spinach! If you’re looking for a meal to impress your friends with, this is a good one. We hope you enjoy!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Serves: 4 people, 1 sandwich per person
- 4 large Nebrodini Bianco mushrooms
- 1-2 tbsp of grape seed or avocado oil
- 4 fresh ciabatta buns
- 1/2 cup of cashews
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 tbsp of nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup of your favourite tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 cup of cashew or almond milk
- 1/4 cup of flour
- 1-2 cups of panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tsp of garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp of paprika
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of pepper
- 1 jar of roasted red peppers
- Around 2 cups of fresh baby spinach
- 1 pack of pulse kitchen penticton dill havarti cashew cheese
- First you’ll start preparing your rosé sauce! Heat a medium sized saucepan on medium low heat.
- In a blender, combine your raw cashews, water, garlic cloves, nutritional yeast and tomato sauce.
- Blend until smooth and add to your saucepan. After a few minutes lower heat and simmer. Sauce will thicken as it cooks!
- set out a bowl and a plate. In the bowl whisk together your cashew milk and flour until it starts to thicken. If it’s too thick just add more cashew milk!
- On the plate, combine your breadcrumbs, garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Preheat your air fryer to 375 and add your avocado oil. If you don’t have an air fryer feel free to pan fry!
- Slice your mushrooms into thick slices and dip into your cashew milk mixture followed by coating in your breadcrumbs.
- Place your breaded mushroom slices into your air fryer and cook for roughly 10 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
- Throw your ciabatta buns in the oven for a few minutes on broil just to give them a nice crunch! Keep an eye on them, broiling can get hectic pretty fast.
- Once buns are nice and toasty, start your sandwich with a layer of your mushrooms and top with a generous spoonful of your rosé sauce.
- Next add your roasted red peppers, a few leaves of baby spinach and your dill havarti cashew cheese.
- Serve and enjoy!