These lemon blueberry muffins are so perfect for the summertime and easy to make. They’re great because they’re quick to grab for breakfast on your way out of the house, or as a quick snack! There’s no refined sugar in them, they’re just sweetened with maple syrup and the blueberries so they’re not overly sweet! They turned out so fluffy and delicious. If you’re looking for an easy vegan muffin recipe, keep reading!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Bake time: 17-20 minutes
Serves: 12 muffins
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ cup unsweetened oat milk (or any plant-based milk of your choice)
- ½ cup vanilla dairy-free yogurt
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- ⅓ cup grapeseed oil (or another neutral flavoured oil)
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup blueberries
- *Optional – you can use some extra lemon zest and mix it with coconut sugar to put in your muffins for an extra bit of sweetness
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and spray your muffin pan and reusable baking cups with baking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix your dry ingredients together – flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate medium bowl, mix your wet ingredients together – oat milk, yogurt, maple syrup, grapeseed oil, lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla extract.
- Slowly mix in your wet ingredients to your dry ingredients, folding with a spatula and not over-mixing. It will be lumpy and quite thick still – which is what you want!
- Carefully fold in your blueberries.
- Use an ice cream scoop to fill your muffin cups ¾ of the way. Top with a few extra blueberries if you’d like. *If you’ve chosen to make the zest and sugar mix, sprinkle this on top now as well.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes, until they are golden brown on top and a toothpick comes out clean. Remove from oven, let sit for 3-5 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack. Enjoy!