These are the perfect potatoes for a Sunday feast or a rainy day! They have the fresh flavours of lemon, thyme and rosemary. Smashing the potatoes helps them get a nice crunch in the oven! We hope you love them as much as we did.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Serves: 3-4 servings
- 1 bag of small yellow potatoes
- The juice from half a lemon
- 3 tbsp of avocado oil
- A generous pinch of salt
- A generous pinch of pepper
- 2 tbsp of fresh thyme (diced)
- 2 tbsp of fresh rosemary (diced)
- 4 cloves of garlic (diced)
- 1/2 tsp of paprika
- Boil a large pot of water and add your potatoes.
- While you wait, in a large mixing bowl combine all other ingredients. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and prep a large flat baking tray.
- Boil your potatoes until you see the skin begin to peel off sections of your potatoes. This is a good indicator that your potatoes are getting soft!
- Strain your potatoes and add them into the large mixing bowl. Toss until potatoes are totally coated in your herb, oil and lemon mixture.
- Pour your potatoes into your flat baking tray and use a wooden spatula to individually flatten each potato.
- Bake your potatoes for roughly 35-40 minutes or until potatoes begin to show a beautiful golden brown colour.
- Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes. Give them an extra pinch of salt and pepper and enjoy!