These make a perfect healthy side dish to any meal! They are super easy and quick to make. Brussel sprouts are very healthy and if made correctly super tasty as well! Smaller sprouts tend to have more of a sweet taste to them so when we are picking our sprouts we usually aim for smaller ones. We’ve also found that pan frying them is the best way to get a nice amount of caramelization on them. This makes the sprouts taste deliciously sweet! These sprouts are topped with a sweet and spicy chilli oil sauce. We hope you enjoy!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Serves: 4 servings
- Around 15-20 fresh brussel sprouts
- 4 cloves of fresh garlic (finely diced)
- 1/2 an onion (finely diced)
- 1 tsp of dried chilli flakes
- 2 tbsp of avocado oil
- 1 tbsp of maple syrup or agave syrup
- 1/2 tsp of sriracha sauce or your favourite hot sauce
- A generous pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 tsp of balsamic vinaigrette
- Heat a large skillet on medium heat and add your avocado oil to the pan.
- Once your oil is hot throw in your diced onion and sprouts. We will add the diced garlic after we get a nice browning on the sprouts as garlic has a tendency to burn.
- Once your sprouts start to brown add in your diced garlic, chilli flakes, salt and pepper. Continue to cook for a few minutes.
- Finally add your maple syrup, sriracha and balsamic vinaigrette. Toss pan to fully coat sprouts.
- Remove from heat, plate and serve!