We were gifted black bean fettuccine noodles from Liviva Foods! Not only does this company’s values align with our own but the product was amazing. The noodles tasted just like regular fettuccine noodles but with a lot more fibre and protein. We boiled them and then did a quick pan fry in our saucepan. The sauce was made with fresh ingredients that I will list below! Sometimes it’s best to not over complicate a dish and let the ingredients shine. We hope you enjoy!
SAUTÉED BLACK BEAN FETTUCCINECourse: DINNER, LUNCHCuisine: ItalianDifficulty: Medium
This Italian pasta is easy, healthy and delicious! It’s filled with vegetables, with a simple sauce. The black bean noodles are a great source of protein and fibre!
1 pack of Liviva black bean fettuccine noodles
Around 10 ripe cherry tomatoes (you can add as many as you’d like!)
2 tbsp of chilli oil
1 tbsp of vegan butter
1/2 tbsp of black olives (finely diced)
1 tsp of capers (finely diced)
4-5 cloves of fresh garlic (finely diced)
1/2 an onion (finely diced)
2 tbsp of nutritional yeast
1 packed cup of baby spinach
1 tbsp of raw pine nuts
A generous pinch of salt
A generous pinch of black pepper
- Heat a large frying pan on medium heat and add your chilli oil. If you don’t have chilli oil you can sub it with avocado oil and add a pinch of dried chilli flakes!
- Once your oil is hot, slice your cherry tomatoes into half’s and then add to your pan along with your diced onions.
- Let your tomatoes and onions cook for a few minutes until you can visibly see them start to soften.
- Next add your olives, capers, garlic and nutritional yeast. Stir to evenly toss your ingredients in the chilli oil! Lower heat.
- while your sauce flavours mingle, boil a large pot of water and cook your noodles according to the instructions found on the back of the pack. They cook very quickly which is another added bonus!
- While your noodles boil, add your vegan butter, pine nuts, salt, pepper and baby spinach to your saucepan. The vegan butter just adds a bit of creaminess to the sauce.
- Strain your pasta and then carefully pour them into your saucepan. Use tongs to coat your noodles in your sauce and evenly mix ingredients. This is a very light oil sauce and should not be heavy! The flavours come from the bright ingredients that we have been sautéing in the pan.
- Once pasta is evenly coated, plate and serve. We hope you love this recipe as much as we did! enjoy.