This little appetizer looks and tastes like it’s straight out of a fancy restaurant! Its so simple to whip up and doesn’t hold back when it comes to flavour. The crunchy ciabatta baguette is complimented perfectly by the creamy, buttery chanterelle mushrooms! These mushrooms are a bit on the pricey side but arguably one of the best species of mushroom we’ve ever tried. This dish will surely impress any guests you have over and is great for entertaining purposes. Enjoy!!
CHANTERELLE MUSHROOM TOASTCourse: Lunch, DinnerCuisine: ItalianDifficulty: Easy
This little appetizer looks and tastes like it’s straight out of a fancy restaurant! Its so simple to whip up and doesn’t hold back when it comes to flavour. The crunchy ciabatta baguette is complimented perfectly by the creamy, buttery chanterelle mushrooms!
1 fresh ciabatta loaf
1 pack of chanterelle mushrooms
1/2 an onion (diced)
3 cloves of garlic (diced)
1 tbsp of chili oil or avocado oil
1 tbsp of vegan butter
1/2 cup of fresh arugula
1 tbsp of red pepper jelly
1/4 cup of cultured cashew cheese (we used blue cheese)
1/2 tsp of dried chili flakes
1/2 tbsp of balsamic glaze
A pinch of salt
A pinch of black pepper
- Heat a medium sized frying pan on medium low heat and add your chili oil. Once oil is hot add your mushrooms, onions and garlic.
- heat a separate pan on medium heat and allow adequate time for it to get nice and hot.
- Butter the face sides of your ciabatta slices and press into pan for a few seconds before letting go. Toast your slices in the pan for 3-4 minutes checking for a nice “grilled cheese” colouration.
- Remove toasted slices and lightly spread some of your red pepper jelly over the toasted face sides. red pepper jelly can be found at almost any grocery store nowadays! It’s delicious and we highly recommend.
- Lay a small bundle of arugula onto toast slices followed by a few spoonfuls of your mushroom, onion and garlic mixture.
- Crumble your cashew cheese in small chunks and sprinkle onto toast slices. We find it crumbles better if it’s fairly cold to the touch.
- Once your cheese is crumbled, drizzle your balsamic glaze overtop of toast slices. Finally sprinkle with a dash of your dried chili flakes, salt and pepper.
- Plate, serve and enjoy. We love this recipe so much and hope you find it as easy and delicious as we did!