Like most vegans, we love cauliflower. Cauliflower steaks are always a great addition to any meal! We were thinking of different variations that we could try and we came up with this Indian inspired version. These steaks pack a punch of flavour and are riddled with the colourful flavours of Indian cuisine (our favourite)! We hope you enjoy.
CHILI MASALA CAULI STEAKSCourse: Dinner, LunchCuisine: Indian
These are a great, quick dinner filled with with spices and flavour. It’s a great way to change up your regular cauliflower steaks!
1 head of cauliflower (cut into 1 inch steaks)
3 tbsp of avocado oil
1 tsp of dried chili flakes
1/2 tsp of masala spice
1/2 tsp of curry powder
A generous pinch of salt
A generous pinch of pepper
3 cloves of fresh garlic (minced)
1/4 tsp of fresh ginger (minced)
2 tbsp of green onions (diced)
- Heat a large skillet on medium – medium high heat. When cooking cauli steaks the key is initial high heat to caramelize the outsides!
- While your pan heats, grab a large plate or baking dish and pour your avocado oil into the bottom followed by your chili flakes, masala spice, curry powder, garlic, ginger, salt and pepper. Stir to create a deep yellow marinade.
- Lay your cauli steaks face down in your marinade to fully coat them. Flip and coat the other side as well.
- Add a touch more oil to your pan before you lay down your cauli steaks. This will just help to avoid sticking.
- Once your steaks are sizzling in the pan drizzle any excess marinade you have left over on top of the steaks.
- Pan fry each side for roughly 8-10 minutes. Without moving them around too much try and keep an eye on the colour making sure they aren’t burning underneath.
- Once crispy and cooked to your liking, remove from pan and top with your fresh diced green onions!
- Add a touch more salt and pepper. Serve and enjoy! This recipe goes great with some basmati rice and naan bread.
One response to “CHILI MASALA CAULI STEAKS”
[…] For another one of our favourite Indian inspired recipe – check out our chili masala cauliflower steaks! […]