Rainy gloomy days and cooler weather has us thinking about comfort foods like soups and chowders. This corn chowder is so creamy and filled with garden grown veggies. It’s super easy to make and only requires one pot! It also tastes great the next day as leftovers and can easily be frozen for a later date.
ONE POT CORN CHOWDERCourse: Lunch
3 cobs of peaches and cream corn
2 large carrots
3 large white potatoes
4 tbsp of nutritional yeast
2 cups of raw cashews
2 cups of water
2 cups of zero sugar oat milk
1 sweet onion
3 cloves of garlic
1 tsp of dried parsley
A generous pinch of salt
A generous pinch of pepper
2 tbsp of vegan butter
- Start by chopping up all your veggies to your desired sizes. to remove your corn from the cob simply run a sharp knife lengthwise down the cob.
- Heat up a large pot at medium heat and add your vegan butter.
- Once butter is melted and hot throw in your potatoes, carrots, corn, onions, garlic and nutritional yeast.
- While your veggies start to brown, add your raw cashews, water and oat milk to a blender. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour your cashew cream base into your pot and stir to combine all ingredients. Add your parsley, salt and pepper to taste. lower heat and cover for roughly 30 minutes. Stir occasionally to avoid burning.
- Remove from heat and plate in a large bowl. Serve with crispy ciabatta bread to dip and enjoy!