These are a super quick and healthy meal for any occasion! Tofu is an awesome protein source for vegetarians or vegans. It’s also super versatile and can be used in so many different ways! Tofu is the real MVP. These skewers are coated in a delicious Greek dressing and pan seared to lock in the flavours. This recipe would also be great on the BBQ! Finding new ways to spice up tofu always brings us great joy. This recipe goes great with a side of our vegan tzatziki used in past recipes. We hope you find it as easy and delicious as we did.
GREEK TOFU SKEWERSCourse: Lunch, Dinner, AppetizersDifficulty: Easy
These are so easy and healthy. They’re such a delicious meal filled with protein!
1 block of extra firm tofu
1 large red onion (white onion works too)
2 green peppers
3 cloves of fresh garlic
1 tsp of dried oregano
3 tbsp of avocado oil
1 tbsp or red wine vinegar
2 tbsp of nutritional yeast
A generous pinch of salt
A generous pinch of black pepper
4-5 black olives (diced very finely)
1 tsp of balsamic glaze
- Cut up your onions and green peppers into large chunks. Dice your garlic into small pieces and set aside.
- Remove your tofu from packaging and set on a plate wrapped in paper towel. Set a heavy object on top to help press out any extra moisture. If you have a tofu press, that is ideal but this way works as well!
- In a large bowl add your avocado oil, red wine vinegar, nutritional yeast, garlic, oregano, salt, pepper and diced black olives.
- Dice your tofu into cubes and place in your dressing bowl along with your peppers and onions. Give it a nice toss to fully coat everything. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat a large frying pan on medium heat. Once hot, place only your tofu cubes face down in the pan. The dressing contains oil so don’t worry about adding any extra!
- Cook tofu for 3-4 minutes each side or until golden brown. remove from heat and let cool for a minute.
- Now you can skewer all your ingredients! I like to alternate between peppers, onions and tofu but you can do whatever you’d like!
- Once they’re all skewered up, place on a lined baking dish and bake for roughly 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Plate with rice and Greek salad or toasted pita! This goes well with our Vegan tzatziki recipe used in past dishes. Serve and enjoy!