Mushrooms are so versatile. Ever since we went vegan, we can’t get enough. There are so many different varieties to choose from! Some have a texture very similar to meat when cooked in the right way. For this recipe we used one of our favourites – baby king oyster mushrooms! They’re pan fried in garlic butter and served on a bed of creamy garlic dill sauce!
GARLIC DILL SCALLOPSCourse: DINNER, LUNCH
These oyster mushroom scallops are so delicious.
2 packs of baby king oyster mushrooms (sliced into half inch discs)
1/2 of a red onion (diced)
4 cloves of fresh garlic (diced)
1/2 a cup of raw cashews
1/2 a tbsp of fresh dill
1 tbsp of pine nuts
1 cup of water
A generous pinch of salt
A generous pinch of black pepper
2 tbsp of vegan butter
- Heat a large skillet on medium low heat. Heat a small sauce pot on low heat.
- Add half the vegan butter to each pan.
- In the skillet throw in your sliced mushrooms.
- In the saucepan add half of your diced garlic and all of your diced red onion.
- In a blender, combine your raw cashews and water. Pulse until smooth.
- Pour your cashew base into your sauce pot and add your chopped fresh dill. Season well with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Add the other half of your diced garlic and pine nuts into your skillet with your mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper and toss.
- Start your plating by spooning a large scoop of your sauce onto your plate.
- Set mushrooms down onto your sauce base and top with your sautéed pine nuts and garlic.
- Sprinkle with a touch more chopped dill. Serve and enjoy!!