These are the best fingerling potatoes and the recipe is super simple and so versatile! I think we can speak for almost everyone when we say roasted potatoes are one of the best sides to any dish. With just a few simple ingredients and very few steps you can enjoy these amazing potatoes too. We are sure you and your family will adore them just as much as we did! These potatoes are also baked, not fried. The key ingredient in this dish has to be the rosemary! Rosemary and potatoes work so well together and it really adds an aromatic flavour. Enjoy!
We love potatoes so much, they’re so versatile and easy to cook with. We really think this is the best way to cook fingerling potatoes. We love cooking with avocado oil instead of olive oil when making them, whether we are baking or frying. It has a higher temperature smoke point and makes it a little bit healthier! Not that we need another excuse to eat more potatoes, but using a healthier oil makes it that much better.
The herbs in this make it perfect for the fall. It’s such a great comfort food appetizer as the days get chillier. Plus when you’re baking the potatoes, the whole house smells incredible.
If you’re looking for some more potato recipes, check ours out here! We’re sure we will be adding to that list even more in future. Potatoes will always be a staple in our household!
THE BEST FINGERLING POTATOESCourse: APPETIZERS
1 bag of fingerling potatoes (cut into halves)
2 tbsp of avocado oil
Around 2 tbsp of fresh rosemary (roughly chopped)
4 cloves of fresh garlic (chopped)
½ tsp of dried thyme
The juice from ½ a lemon
A generous pinch of salt and black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Grab yourself a large bowl.
- Cut your fingerling potatoes lengthwise creating long halves. this helps the potatoes get crispy because the face of the cut side should be placed facedown when cooking.
- Place all ingredients into your bowl and mix with your hands to evenly coat your potatoes in oil and herbs. The oil really helps get the potatoes that delicious crispy outside.
- Pour your potatoes onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 400 for roughly 40 minutes checking halfway and giving them a flip. We like ours a bit on the crispy side so we tend to keep ours in a bit longer!
- Remove from oven, serve and enjoy!
One response to “THE BEST FINGERLING POTATOES – EASY RECIPE”
[…] THE BEST FINGERLING POTATOES – EASY RECIPE — […]