These simple and healthy mushrooms are candied maple chanterelles! If you follow our Instagram page you probably know how obsessed we are with mushrooms. This is another recipe to add to our mushroom collection. Once upon a time, we both didn’t even care much for them, nor had we tried all the different variations! We have so much fun finding new types of them now. We ordered a mixed box from The Mush Hub which introduced us to a lot of new kinds (check them out if you’re in Ontario).
In a vegan diet, sometimes it’s difficult to come by meaty textures. Mushrooms offer a beautiful earthy flavour and a satisfying meaty texture. They’re a super healthy meat replacement and always easy to get your hands on! (Depending on the type – we find chanterelles hard to find. Whenever we see them at our grocery store we snatch them up!) These candied maple chanterelles were one of our favourite ways to have them so far, especially for how simple and healthy the recipe is!
These chanterelle mushrooms are spiced up a bit with a sweet maple glaze and sautéed shallots! We paired these with some veg and it was to die for. We hope you love these little mushrooms as much as we did! Once again if you’re looking for more mushroom recipes, click here!
CANDIED MAPLE CHANTERELLESCourse: AppetizersDifficulty: Easy
2 packages of chanterelle mushrooms (or your favourite mushrooms)
2 large shallots (diced)
1 tbsp of pure maple syrup
1/2 tbsp of avocado oil
1/2 tsp of Dijon mustard
1/4 tsp of sriracha sauce
A pinch of salt and pepper
1/4 tsp of dried parsley flakes
- Heat a large frying pan on medium heat and add your avocado oil.
- Once your oil is hot throw in your chanterelles and shallots.
- After you start to get a little browning on your mushrooms and shallots turn down your heat slightly to medium low.
- Add all remaining ingredients to the pan and lightly toss to evenly coat mushrooms.
- Cook for roughly 10 minutes. The sauce will start to condense and turn into more of a glaze with intense flavours!
- Remove from heat and serve with your favourite vegetables or on top of a fresh salad! Enjoy.