This tofu bacon is so delicious, easy and affordable! Vegan breakfast can sometimes be difficult to come by. This simple vegan recipe recreates the smokey flavours of bacon, while harming zero piggies in the process. The liquid smoke works so well to make meatless bacon. Tofu is also so much healthier for you, loaded with protein and tastes amazing when prepared correctly! We chose to have this tofu bacon in the form of the classic sandwich, the BLT. Its so easy and satisfying when you can veganize an old meal that you used to enjoy. Its super important to experiment and find foods that actually excites you. We hope you find this recipe to be as easy and satisfying as we did! Also – we strongly recommend you try it as a BLT, you won’t regret it!
We had our tofu bacon in this delicious BLT! We used Nafsika’s Garden gouda slices and Hellman’s vegan mayo with our bacon, lettuce, tomato. It was the perfect combination and we will definitely be making this frequently.
Creating new delicious sandwich combos is the best to us. They’re such a quick meal to make for any time of day, or to bring to work! Click here for more of our sandwich recipes!
TOFU BACONCourse: Uncategorized
1 block of extra firm tofu
1 tsp of liquid smoke
¼ tsp of paprika
1 tbsp of nutritional yeast
1 tbsp of maple syrup
A pinch of salt and pepper
1 tbsp of avocado oil for frying
- Heat a large frying pan on medium heat.
- Use a tofu press to remove any extra moisture from your tofu before you slice into strips. If you don’t have a tofu press, place a large plate with a heavy bowl ontop of your tofu wrapped in paper towel.
- Once your tofu is somewhat dry, slice into ¼ inch strips lengthwise down the block of tofu.
- Using the plate you set on top of your tofu, pour all remains ingredients and stir to mix. Your avocado oil is just for frying so exclude that from your sauce plate!
- Lay your tofu strips onto your sauce plate. Flip once or twice to try to coat each side. let them soak for around 5 minutes.
- Add your avocado oil to your frying pan. Once your oil is hot, lay your “bacon” strips down in the pan and pour your sauce overtop. It will begin to boil very quickly and start to condense, This is what you want so don’t worry!
- Cook tofu for roughly 8 minutes each side or until it begins to turn a hickory golden brown colour.
- Remove from heat. Serve with tofu scramble, vegan carbonara, or as a delicious BLT! enjoy.