This cheesy broccoli bake is the perfect comfort food. We create this recipe on a night when we needed to use up some veggies in our fridge before they went bad. We had a big head of broccoli and some oyster mushrooms that needed to be cooked before our next grocery run! Thinking of broccoli, we remembered some delicious broccoli cheddar soups. Broccoli and cheesy flavour goes so well together, alas was born our idea for this cheesy broccoli bake. We’re super happy with how it turned out and will definitely be recreating it again!
With so many delicious vegan cheese options out there, you can’t go wrong. We used Nafsika’s smoked gouda for this cheese sauce and it was amazing. We blended it right into the sauce to create a smooth velvety texture. This recipe is very easy to customize! You can use whichever dairy-free cheese you prefer. Cauliflower would also work beautifully in this dish. We hope you enjoy this comforting meal!
For more of our comfort food recipes that are perfect for chillier days, click here!
The beautiful look of your bake before you cut into it! It was so creamy and filling. Check out the video below to see us scooping into it.
EASY CHEESY BROCCOLI BAKECourse: DINNER, LUNCHDifficulty: Easy
1 large head of broccoli (cut into florets)
1 pack of oyster mushrooms (cut into chunks)
2 shallots (roughly diced)
½ an onion (roughly diced)
1 cup of raw cashews
½ a block of Nafsika’s smoked gouda vegan cheese
2 tbsp of nutritional yeast
2 cups of water
1 tbsp of dijon mustard
½ a cup of vegan breadcrumbs
a generous pinch of salt and pepper
1 tbsp of avocado oil
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and prepare a large baking dish.
- Add your broccoli, shallots, onions and mushrooms to your baking dish.
- To your blender combine your raw cashews, water, smoked gouda, dijon mustard, avocado oil and nutritional yeast.
- Pulse until smooth and creamy. It should be a thick consistency!
- Pour your sauce overtop of your veggies and stir to combine. Make sure all your veggies are evenly coated. Mix in your salt and pepper during this step as well.
- Finally, top with a generous helping of breadcrumbs and bake at 350 for roughly 30 – 40 minutes or until its bubbling and has a crunchy golden brown top!
- Remove from oven and let it cool for 5 minutes. Serve and enjoy!