These balsamic glazed cauliflower steaks are so easy to make and will make you feel like you’re at a fancy restaurant! Balsamic glaze is a sweet tangy sauce made using balsamic vinegar. Once you try this sauce you’ll find yourself adding it to everything. Its a simple glaze that really takes meals to the next level. These steaks are topped with fresh spinach, cherry tomatoes and cashew cheese graciously gifted to us by Zengarry cheeses. These toppings go perfect with the balsamic flavour and gives it a caprese style flavouring. These steaks are also super healthy and will leave you feeling satisfied but still light!
We love cauliflower steaks so much and are so happy with this cheesy balsamic glazed version! If you try this recipe out, be sure to tag us on social @plantbasedrelationship. We hope you love them as much as we did! Our blog also has a few other cauliflower steak recipes if you’re looking for more inspiration, click here! We’re sure to be adding to the list since they’re so healthy to make and fun to play around with different versions. Cauliflower is another thing that we never used to eat that much of before we went vegan. Ever since we realized how versatile and delicious it is!
BALSAMIC GLAZED CAULIFLOWER STEAKSCourse: Uncategorized
1 large head of cauliflower
¼ cup of balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp of maple syrup
10 ripe cherry tomatoes
1 cup of packed baby spinach
2 tbsp of avocado oil
3 cloves of garlic
¼ cup of vegan cashew cheese
2 tbsp of nutritional yeast
- Heat a large frying pan on medium heat and preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut your cauliflower head down the centre and then into quarters. Be fairly careful when cutting the cauliflower as it can tend to be kind of fragile in its raw stage.
- Pour your balsamic vinegar and maple syrup into your pan and lower heat after 2 minutes. Whisk together to combine ingredients.
- Drizzle your avocado oil over your cauliflower steaks and then lay facedown in your pan with the balsamic glaze. Cook for roughly 5 minutes each side just to get a sear and some colour onto your cauliflower.
- Remove cauliflower steaks from your pan and place on an oven tray.
- Slice your cherry tomatoes into halves. Start topping your cauliflower steaks with a layer of baby spinach, followed by cherry tomato halves. Lastly add your crumbled cashew cheese to the tops of your steaks. If there is any leftover balsamic glaze in your pan, drizzle it over your steaks!
- Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for roughly 10 – 15 minutes or until your cheese begins to show some colour and the tomatoes become soft.
- Remove from your oven and let them cool for 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!