This kimchi fried rice is delicious and so easy! This transpired when we saw an interesting idea on another vegan influencers page. They made waffles with rice and kimchi! We thought this was such a cool idea, so we wanted to play around with those flavours as well! We came up with kimchi fried rice. These flavours worked so well together and we also put in crumbled tofu for some added protein! The spicy mayo on top of everything was so good, it was the perfect mix of flavours.
Kimchi is so beneficial for gut health. It contains healthy bacteria and probiotics which helps boost your immunity. It’s also said to lower cholesterol levels! We feel even better adding it to recipes knowing it’s so great for our health. This recipe is super easy to make and saves great for future lunches or snacks. We hope you find it as delicious as we did!
KIMCHI FRIED RICECourse: APPETIZERS, DINNER, LUNCH
2 cups of dried rice, preferably jasmine rice
4 cups of water
1 cup of kimchi (chopped into small pieces)
3 cloves of garlic (diced)
1 tbsp of sesame oil
1 tbsp of avocado oil
½ a block of extra firm tofu (crumbled)
¼ cup of vegan mayo
1 tsp of sriracha
1 tbsp of maple syrup
1 tsp of black sesame seeds
1 tbsp of diced green onions
- Place your rice and water in a large pot and place on high heat. Bring to a boil and then lower heat and cover.
- In a large bowl add your crumbled tofu, chopped kimchi, garlic and maple syrup. Diced onions would also be great in this!
- Heat a large frying pan on medium heat and add your avocado oil and sesame oil.
- Once rice is done (around 10 minutes) pour into your bowl with your other ingredients. Use a spoon to stir evenly!
- Pour your rice mix into your pan. You should hear a nice sizzle.
- While your rice is frying, mix your vegan mayo with your sriracha in a bowl and set aside.
- Once your rice is cooked to your liking, remove from heat and plate in a large bowl.
- Top with a drizzle of your vegan mayo, some black sesame seeds and your diced green onions.
- Serve and enjoy!