We highly recommend making these stuffed vegan chicken cutlets! We learned to make our own vegan chicken at home a couple months ago. Wet then started brainstorming different ways we could use this technique to make more complicated “chicken” dishes. In past recipes, we have made vegan wings, cutlets and burgers using the same principles! These cutlets will blow your mind; the texture is spot on. Stuffing them with broccoli and cashew cheese takes them to the next level. We took leftovers for our lunches the next day, as we both work full-time. People were in shock at how much these 100% vegan cutlets resembled chicken.
Having recipes like these stuffed vegan chicken cutlets in your back pocket really help you stay consistent while on your vegan journey. It’s very important to keep yourself excited about the food you eat! Cooking in the kitchen is a very therapeutic experience for Callan, and we both believe it can be for anybody if you have the right knowledge. We hope you use this recipe to spice up your vegan journey and keep things exciting and interesting! Here are more of our vegan chicken recipes for more inspiration!
STUFFED CHICKEN CUTLETSCourse: DINNER
2 cups of gluten flour or semolina flour
½ cup of rice flour
¾ cup of nutritional yeast
2 tsp of garlic powder
2 tsp of onion powder
2 tsp of dried oregano
2 tsp of dried basil
1 tsp of sriracha sauce
1 tbsp of maple syrup
1 tsp of salt
6 cups of vegetable broth, you can water it down a bit to increase the volume if necessary
1 cup of broccoli florets (diced into small chunks)
½ cup of your favourite vegan cashew cheese, any vegan cheese would work well though
½ cup of all purpose flour
1 cup of vegan breadcrumbs
½ cup of cashew or almond milk
¼ cup of avocado oil for frying
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together your semolina flour, rice flour, nutritional yeast, onion powder, garlic powder, oregano, basil, sriracha sauce, maple syrup, salt and 1 ½ cups of your vegetable broth. Mix with your hands until it forms into a dough.
- Knead your dough for roughly 5 minutes and then set aside.
- Pour your remaining vegetable broth into a large pot and bring to a boil.
- Cut your dough ball into 4 equal parts. Use your hands to form them into 4 equally shaped cutlets. This recipe will make 2 very large stuffed cutlets that are 2 servings each.
- In the centre of 2 of your cutlets, place a decent amount of both broccoli florets and cashew cheese.
- Use the 2 remaining bare cutlets to cover the tops of your stuffed cutlets. Using your hands mold the edges together to seal your stuffing inside the cutlet.
- Once your vegetable broth is boiling, place your cutlets into the broth. Cover and lower heat. Set a timer for 20 minutes.
- Grab a plate and a mixing bowl. In your bowl mix your cashew milk and all purpose flour. To your plate, pour out your breadcrumbs.
- Heat a large frying pan on medium heat and add your avocado oil. Remove your cutlets from the broth and let them cool for a few minutes before beginning breading.
- First, dip your cutlets into your cashew milk mixture followed by a generous coating of your breadcrumbs.
- Carefully place your cutlets into your frying pan. Fry for 4 – 5 minutes each side or until crispy and golden brown.
- Remove from pan and plate. Optional, top with a sprinkling of parsley! Cut open your cutlets and see that cheesy, mouthwatering filling! We hope you enjoy.