This coconut red curry has to be one of our best curry recipes yet! We have been cooking with coconut milk more and more lately. We love the sweet and subtle coconut flavour it adds to our curries. When I fell in love with curry, I always stuck with green curry. After trying more and more varieties of curry I realized I had no idea what I was missing! This red curry is so delicious and rich. We love experimenting with different kinds and tweaking the flavour. We love the combination of this one!
We chose tofu for our main protein in this recipe! Then we paired it with lots of different veggies and sticky coconut rice. This recipe is so easy to change up, you can add whatever veggies you fancy! (Hello fridge clean out recipe!) Tempeh would also be a great protein for this recipe rather than tofu. We hope you love this coconut red curry recipe as much as we did. Make sure to share it and give us any feedback, we would love to hear! (Tag us @plantbasedrelationship on Instagram/Facebook!) *We also have some other curry recipes here if you’re looking for more!
COCONUT RED CURRYCourse: DinnerDifficulty: Easy
1 block of extra firm tofu, cut into bite sized cubes
2 red bell peppers, cut into thin strips
1 onion, cut into thin strips
2 cloves of garlic, finely diced
1 large head of broccoli, cut into florets
1 tsp of grated ginger
1 tbsp of tomato paste
2 tsp of curry powder
1 tsp of masala powder
1 tbsp of turmeric
1 tsp of paprika
A pinch of cayenne pepper
2 cans off full fat coconut milk
1 tbsp of maple syrup
1 tbsp of avocado oil
- Heat a large skillet on medium heat and add your avocado oil.
- Once your oil is hot, add your cubed tofu, broccoli, onions, red peppers, garlic and ginger.
- Fry for roughly 10 – 15 minutes or until your veggies become fork soft.
- Next, stir in your curry powder, turmeric, cayenne pepper, masala powder, paprika, maple syrup and tomato paste. Once you have fully coated your tofu and veggies, pour in your coconut milk. It should turn a beautiful golden orange colour.
- Lower heat and simmer for an additional 20 minutes. This helps get that nice coconut flavour into all of your veggies.
- Remove from heat. Serve over sticky rice for a filling, delicious and healthy meal!