This cashew cheese ball turned out even better than we expected! Reyhan and I have wanted to make our own cashew cheese for so long. Our favourite kind of vegan cheese is usually made out of cashews because it has such a great, creamy consistency. We were very surprised by how simple it was to make our own! A high powered blender is recommended for this recipe, it really helps get a nice creamy consistency. If you don’t have a high powered blender you can soak your cashews for a few hours to soften them up! This recipe is also super customizable. We went with a cranberry and dill combination for our ball. You can add whatever fruits or herbs you like and also spice it up with a crunchy topping!
This dish is sure to impress any guests you may have over in the future. Serve with crackers or fresh veggies to dip. We hope you find this cashew cheese ball recipe as exciting as we did and share your creations with us on Instagram! Enjoy.
CASHEW CHEESE BALLCourse: Lunch, Snacks, AppetizersDifficulty: Easy
2 ½ cups of raw cashews
¼ cup of your favourite vegan cream cheese
2 tbsp of fresh lemon juice
2 – 3 tbsp of chopped sweetened cranberries
½ tsp of fresh dill, dried dill will work fine if you don’t have fresh
½ tsp of garlic powder
¼ tsp of paprika
½ tsp of salt
¼ tsp of black pepper
3 tbsp of chopped pine nuts
1 -2 tbsp of cashew milk
- To your high powered blender, add your cashews, cashew milk (start with 1 tbsp) salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, lemon juice and vegan cream cheese.
- Blend until smooth and creamy. It should be fairly thick. Once its blended smooth, add your fresh dill and chopped cranberries. Pulse a few times just to incorporate everything together!
- Grab a bowl and drape a cheese cloth overtop. Scoop your cashew cheese into your bowl and squeeze the cheese cloth tight around. You want to form it into a ball and twist the cheese cloth at the top. Secure with elastic bands or tie into a knot.
- Place your cheese ball in the fridge to chill for at least 4 hours. Its best to chill overnight, The cheeseball will harden significantly once its fully chilled!
- Before you take your cheeseball out of the fridge, toast your chopped pine nuts in a frying pan for a few minutes. This helps the flavours shine through a bit more.
- Remove your cheeseball and carefully unwrap the cheese cloth. Roll your ball in the toasted pine nuts and top with another sprinkle of fresh dill! Serve with crackers and red pepper jelly for a delicious party favourite.