This garlic cashew tofu bowl is a super healthy recipe that we’re sure even the pickiest eaters will enjoy. Not only is this bowl delicious, it’s also very nice to look at! By using a wide variety of veggies, this dish really stands out. Though this recipe is fairly simple, it does require a bit of knife work. We used sticky rice with this dish mainly for presentation, but any other rice would work just fine as well! We find ourselves craving something like this during the weeks that we feel we may have ordered too much takeout or just haven’t had many whole foods! If you’re looking for other healthy bowls, click here!
This tofu also came out perfect. The sauce is meant to make it very sweet and sticky! Paired with the freshness of the veggies it really works well together. Pack up your tofu and rice in Tupperware for a quick lunch. Its crazy that both Reyhan and I used to think a vegan diet would be extremely bland and boring. Once you are familiar with protein replacements and some of your favourite dairy replacements the possibilities are endless! Switching to a vegan diet reignited my love of cooking and we hope it does the same for you. We hope you enjoy this garlic cashew tofu bowl!
GARLIC CASHEW TOFU BOWLCourse: LunchDifficulty: Easy
1 block of extra firm tofu, cut into desired shapes
1 cup of sticky rice, sometimes called sushi rice
1 carrot, sliced into thin strips
½ of a cucumber, sliced into thin strips
Around 4 radishes, sliced paper thin
1 cup of radicchio, roughly chopped
2 tbsp of green onion, chopped
3 tbsp of raw cashews, finely diced
3 cloves of garlic, finely diced
1 tsp of ginger, grated
2 tbsp of maple syrup
2 tsp of soy sauce
½ tsp of hot chili sauce
Salt and pepper to taste
½ tbsp of sesame oil
- Heat a large frying pan on medium low heat and add your sesame oil.
- Once it’s hot, add your sliced tofu. Pan fry for a few minutes or until your slices become slightly golden.
- Next, add your maple syrup, chili sauce, soy sauce and half of your chopped raw cashews. Lower heat. Your sauce will begin to bubble and become very sticky!
- While your tofu and sauce simmer, cook your sticky rice according to package instructions.
- Remove your rice and scoop into the centre of a large bowl! Around the outside of your rice, evenly spread your veggies. You can use whatever veggies you would like, we went with a sushi sort of vibe – carrots, cucumber etc
- Remove a few pieces of tofu and set on top of your rice. Use a spoon and scoop a bit of extra sauce on top of your tofu and rice!
- Top with your remaining crushed cashews and diced green onions. Serve and enjoy!