This vegan strawberry rhubarb crumble is such a perfect dessert for the summer! It’s gluten free and made with a healthy sugar replacement! Desserts are something we don’t end up baking that much. Only for the sole reason that we don’t end up eating it all and it feels wasteful. We do love sweets, however we are more savoury people. Baking treats isn’t on a regular basis for us. This is a smaller portion of this dessert. If you are serving more people and would like a bigger portion I would recommend doubling this recipe!
Amson Naturals gifted us a bag of their Erythritol sweetener. It was perfect for this recipe! What is it? From their website: “Amson Naturals Granular Erythritol is a Natural Source Sweetener used as a sweetening agent and sugar substitute/replacement in Food and Beverages.” They recommend for every cup of sugar you would use, you use one and a third of their product. Following those guidelines, I put in some extra of this sweetener! It worked perfectly in this recipe. If you’d like to try this product you can use ERYTHRITOL15 for 15% off. We hope you enjoy this vegan strawberry rhubarb crumble!
VEGAN STRAWBERRY RHUBARB CRUMBLECourse: DessertDifficulty: Easy
- FOR THE FILLING
½ cup Amson Erythritol sweetener
2 cups diced strawberries
2 cups diced rhubarb
2 tbsp all purpose gluten free flour
- FOR THE TOPPING
¾ cup all purpose gluten free flour
1 cup gluten free rolled oats
⅓ cup chopped walnut pieces
A pinch of salt
¾ cup Amson Erythritol sweetener
2 tsp vanilla extract
⅓ cup avocado oil
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- After washing your rhubarb and strawberries, slice them up into small pieces.
- Place in a large mixing bowl and add in your sugar and flour.
- Pour your mixture and spread evenly into a baking dish.
- Using your large bowl, now mix together your topping ingredients.
- Pour on top of your filling, evening it out.
- Bake in the oven for about 45 minutes to 1 hour or until the oats are browned. Remove from oven, let cool, slice up and enjoy! Serve with ice cream or anything you prefer.