This roasted cauliflower soup is one of the best soups we have ever made! Just because the weather is warm and the sun is shining, doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy a warm and comforting bowl of homemade soup. I have always wanted to come up with a cauliflower soup recipe. Ever since Reyhan and I went vegan, we have been in love with cauliflower. We have created everything from steaks to wings with this delicious vegetable but have never tried to make a soup!
This recipe came out so delicious and surprisingly easy. All you need to do is roast your cauliflower along with other veggies, add to a high powered blender with vegetable broth and simmer in a large pot. Then you just add your remaining ingredients. Roasting your cauliflower brings out so many delicious notes. The cauliflower will begin to caramelize and have sweet, deep earthy notes to its flavour. Similar to caramelizing onions. You could make this soup and skip the roasting stage but we recommend it for that reason! This roasted cauliflower soup is super healthy and will still leave you feeling full and satisfied. We hope you love this one as much as we did. Enjoy!
ROASTED CAULIFLOWER SOUPCourse: Dinner, LunchCuisine: VeganDifficulty: Easy
2 tbsp avocado oil
1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
1 large sweet onion, cut into quarters
3 cloves of garlic, peeled and smashed
3 medium sized yellow potatoes, cut into small cubes
1 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp rosemary
3 cups low sodium vegetable broth
2-3 cups unsweetened oat milk
3 tbsp nutritional yeast
½ tsp paprika
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and prep a large baking tray lined with parchment paper or a reusable tray mat.
- Place your cauliflower, onions, garlic and potatoes onto your oven tray and drizzle your avocado oil overtop of your veggies. Sprinkle your rosemary and thyme overtop of your chopped veggies and give them a good rub to make sure they’re fully coated in oil and herbs.
- Roast for 30 minutes giving them a quick flip half way. Once your veggies have been roasted, remove them from your oven and let them cool for 10 minutes.
- Once they’re reasonably cool, add them to your high powered blender along with your vegetable broth. Pulse until smooth and creamy. It should seem rather thick but it will thin out once we add the oat milk.
- Pour your blended veggies into a large pot and set the pot to medium low. Pour in your oat milk and nutritional yeast. Whisk well and let your soup simmer for roughly 15 minutes. Add your desired amount of salt and pepper (everyone is different!)
- Remove from heat and plate in a large bowl. Sprinkle with a dash of your paprika for colour. Serve and enjoy!