This vegan corn salad recipe is perfect for summer get togethers. It’s loaded with fresh corn, bell peppers, sweet onions and vegan feta. Everyone needs a few staple recipes like this that they can make in a pinch in time for that family BBQ. We had lots of fresh corn on the cob and we were thinking of ways we could use it! If you’ve been following our page for some time, you’ll know that we’ve made a delicious Mexican street corn. There are so many different ways you can use corn to make a delicious meal. From chowders to salads, corn is one of the most versatile veggies out there.
Reyhan and I have been focusing on simple, healthy and tasty recipes that we can share with you guys. We know that life gets hectic sometimes and not everyone has time to make extravagant meals four days a week. Typically we don’t have corn too often because it doesn’t provide much nutritional value, but it sure is delicious! We hope you guys love this recipe as much as we did. This recipe is great on its own or can be used as a topping on tacos or burrito bowls! We promise this super simple vegan corn salad recipe will be a hit with family and friends. Enjoy and be sure to tag us on socials if you try it out!
CORN SALADCourse: Lunch/DinnerCuisine: Mexican fusionDifficulty: Easy
3 cobs of corn
1 red bell pepper
1/4 sweet onion
2 tbsp fresh diced basil
2 tbsp avocado oil
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup vegan feta, crumbled
A pinch of salt and pepper
- Grill your corn on the BBQ for roughly 10-15 minutes or until it begins to brown. Preheat a small frying pan and add a tiny splash of oil.
- Once your pan is hot add your diced onions and bell peppers. fry for a few minutes just until they begin to soften.
- Remove your corn from the cob by slicing it vertically with a sharp knife. Place your corn into a large mixing bowl.
- Add your peppers and onions to your mixing bowl and let them cool in the fridge for 5-10 minutes. Once they are reasonably cool, add all remaining ingredients and give it a good stir.
- Enjoy as a salad or as a topping on tacos or burritos! Enjoy.