This easy tofu salad sandwich on Silver Hills sprouted bread (sponsored) is such a delicious, healthy lunch! If you haven’t heard of Silver Hills before, they make delicious, healthy, sprouted breads using simple ingredients. We’re hooked on their full seed ahead bread! It also goes so well with nut butters and bananas.
Back to school time is here so we thought we would make a super quick and easy sandwich recipe that even the pickiest of eaters will enjoy. Whether you have kids or not, this is such an easy recipe to make the night before. You’ll have a yummy, nutritious lunch for the next day! We whipped up this tofu salad on the Full Seed Ahead bread. Before we went vegan, I really wasn’t a fan of egg salad sandwiches but this version is 10 times better! Not to mention healthier. We hope this sandwich recipe brings you a little bit of stress relief on those busy nights. We don’t have kids yet but we can imagine how busy it gets during the work/school week. Recipes like this easy tofu salad sandwich will help power you through your day and won’t have you feeling slow and tired after lunch. We hope you enjoy!
EASY TOFU SALAD SANDWICHCourse: LunchCuisine: VeganDifficulty: Easy
8 slices of Silver Hills sprouted bread (this recipe makes 4 sandwiches)
1 block extra firm tofu
1/4 cup vegan mayo
1 tbsp whole seed mustard
1 1/2 tsp turmeric
1/4 tsp black salt
1/4 tsp sriracha sauce or favourite hot sauce
4 leaves of fresh romaine lettuce
- Strain and pat dry your tofu block. In a large mixing bowl, use your hands to break up your tofu into small pieces. This part is messy so have fun with it!
- Add your mustard, vegan mayo, hot sauce, turmeric and black salt to your bowl and use a spoon to mix thoroughly. Turmeric stains easily so be careful not to get any on clothing!
- Toast your Silver hills bread slices and then lay your lettuce leaves onto the open face of the sandwich.
- Slice your avocado or mash into a paste and spread onto the opposite piece of toast.
- Use a spoon to scoop a generous amount of your tofu salad onto your sandwich and spread evenly to each corner. Top with the remaining piece of toast and enjoy!