These vegan corn fritters are a super quick and easy meal that is sure to impress! The fritters are loaded with tons of corn, red bell peppers and green onions. We added a mixture of spices to the wet batter to boost the flavour even more! We topped them with chilli lime aioli and pico de Gallo. The fresh ingredients really shine in these fritters. They are perfect for a light lunch or you can serve it with something extra like nachos or soup for dinner.
We made corn fritters once before but this batch definitely came out better. By adding bell peppers and green onions along with a spice mix it really adds layers of flavour to this dish. This recipe goes from raw ingredients to a delicious meal in just 30 minutes! We understand a lot of people want to see quick and easy meals that are simple to fit into busy schedules. This one is perfect for that! We hope you love these vegan corn fritters as much as we did.
Check out more of our Mexican recipes here! Be sure to tag us on social media if you recreate any of our recipes! We love to see it and hear your feedback.
VEGAN CORN FRITTERSCourse: Uncategorized
1/4 cup chickpea flour
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 cup unsweetened dairy free milk
1 small red bell pepper
1 cup corn
3 green onions
- For Pico de Gallo
3 roma tomatoes
1/4 of a red onion or 2 tbsp diced
1 tbsp diced cilantro
1 tsp diced jalapeño
- For Spicy Mayo
1/4 cup vegan mayo
1/2 tsp sriracha or hot sauce
1/4 tsp maple syrup
1/4 tsp garlic powder
Juice from half a lime
Vegetable oil for frying
- Prep: Dice red pepper, green onions, Roma tomatoes, red onion, jalapeño and cilantro. Preheat a large non stick skillet and add around 1/2 cup of vegetable oil.
- To a large mixing bowl, combine all purpose flour, chickpea flour, baking powder, cumin, paprika, garlic powder and non dairy milk. Whisk to combine. It should resemble pancake batter.
- Add corn, diced red peppers and diced green onions to the bowl and stir gently to combine.
- Use a 1/4 cup to scoop dollops of the fritter mix into the hot oiled skillet. Fry for 6-7 minutes each side or until golden brown and crispy.
- To another smaller bowl, combine diced Roma tomatoes, red onion, cilantro, and optional jalapeño. Stir to combine. Mix vegan mayo, sriracha, lime juice, garlic powder and maple syrup in a small separate dish.
- Plate fritters and top with a drizzle of spicy mayo sauce and finish with a scoop of the pico de gallo. Use the remaining half of a lime to squeeze overtop. Serve and enjoy.