This one pot minestrone soup is such a great recipe. It is two of our favourite things – comforting and easy clean up! There’s nothing better than being able to throw together a cozy, delicious recipe without dirtying too many dishes. Minestrone was one of my favourite soups growing up. Reyhan told me she had never even had it before! I knew then it was time to veganize this classic dish. It’s filled with macaroni noodles, kidney beans, carrots, spinach and more veggies!
You can customize what veggies you’d like to put into it as well. If you have veggies to use up in the fridge you can pop them in! It doesn’t have to be exactly what we did! If you’re looking to warm up during these cold days, we highly recommend trying this one pot minestrone soup. The soups will keep on coming for us. Having a warm meal inside makes winter more bearable! We hope you enjoy it and share it with friends or family! Be sure to tag us on socials if you recreate it @plantbasedrelationship.
*Note: When you see us using vegan beef broth, it is typically always this one from President’s Choice!
ONE POT MINESTRONE SOUPCourse: DinnerCuisine: Vegan/ComfortDifficulty: Easy
2 celery ribs
1 small onion
3 cloves garlic
1/2 cup macaroni noodles
1 1/2 cups red kidney beans
1 1/2 cups baby spinach
- For Soup Broth
1 cup water
5 cups vegan beef broth
1/2 cup crushed tomatoes
- For Spice Mix
Up to 1/4 tsp dried chilli flakes
1/2 tsp dried basil
1/4 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp dried thyme
3 dried bay leaves
- Prep: Wash and chop carrots into bite sized chunks. Finely dice onion, garlic and shallots. Dice celery. Heat a large pot or crockpot on medium heat and add 3 tbsp of cooking oil.
- Once oil is heated, add carrots, celery, onions, shallots and garlic to the pot. Stir every 2 minutes to avoid burning.
- Once onions become translucent, mix in the spice mix excluding the 3 bay leaves and continue to cook for 5 minutes.
- Pour in soup broth mixture and add the 3 bay leaves on top. Simmer covered for 20 minutes.
- Remove bay leaves and add spinach, kidney beans and dry pasta. Continue to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Once pasta is al dente, remove from heat, serve and enjoy!