These curried cauliflower steaks were so flavourful! If you’re new to a vegan diet, you may be shocked by the versatility of cauliflower. This delicious and healthy vegetable can be used to make anything from “wings” to soup! You can feel good about the recipes you make with it too. Cauliflower has so many health benefits! It’s high in fibre and B vitamins – just to mention a couple of them. It’s a vegetable we incorporate more and more into our recipes! Check out some of our other cauliflower recipes here!
We spiced this cauliflower steak up using a mix of spices and curry paste. Then we served this hearty, flavourful steak overtop of fresh sautéed veggies and fluffy basmati rice. It felt like the dish would be too dry without some sort of sauce to bring it all together so we whipped up a creamy cucumber yogurt style sauce to top it all off! All around this dish is super healthy, made with whole food ingredients and is super easy to make! We hope you and your family enjoy these curried cauliflower steaks as much as we did! Be sure to tag us on socials if you recreate this recipe @plantbasedrelationship!
CURRIED CAULIFLOWER STEAKCourse: DinnerCuisine: VeganDifficulty: Easy
1/2 of a small cauliflower or enough for 2 large slices
1 red bell pepper
3 cloves garlic
for curry paste mix
1/2 cup coconut milk
1 tbsp red curry paste
1/4 tsp turmeric
A pinch of salt and pepper
for cucumber sauce
1 mini cucumber
1/2 cup raw cashews
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup coconut milk
1/8 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp dried parsley
1 cup basmati rice
1 3/4 cup water
1 tbsp cooking oil
1 tbsp chopped cilantro to garnish
- Prep: Slice cauliflower into 1 inch thick slices. Chop peppers carrots and onions. Finely dice garlic. Dice cucumber and preheat a large skillet over medium heat.
- To a blender, add all ingredients for cucumber sauce except the cucumber and parsley. Pulse until completely smooth and creamy. Pour into bowl and mix in diced cucumber and parsley. Place in fridge to let it cool down. add 1 tbsp of cooking oil to the skillet.
- Once pan is hot, add the cauliflower steaks. Sear for 6-7 minutes each side before adding the diced veggies to the pan. Fill a small pot with 1 3/4 cup of water and 1 cup of basmati rice and bring to a boil. Once its boiling, lower heat, cover and cook for 10-12 minutes or until soft.
- Remove cauliflower steaks from the pan and set aside. Continue to cook veggies until onions begin to soften. Add all curry paste mix ingredients to the pan and stir into veggies. Add cauliflower steaks back into the pan to continue cooking. Make sure to fully coat in sauce.
- Scoop rice into bowl first and top with cauliflower steak and sautéed veggies. Pour cucumber coconut sauce overtop and sprinkle with diced cilantro. Add salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy.